Soulscape has been running the ‘Mind the Gap’ primary-secondary school transition programme for the last seven years and we’ve met more or less all the students in Wokingham’s secondary schools. So we know a thing or two about what the journey entails and how to make it easier, less stressful and successful.
We also know that it’s not just Y6 students going through the transition to secondary school – it’s a big change that affects the whole family. So this year, we want to offer some expert support to parents as well!
We’re running two sessions for parents in the Wokingham area:
Wednesday 13 June 2018, 7-8:30pm | St Crispin’s School library, London Road, Wokingham, RG40 1SS
Thursday 14 June 2018, 7:30-9pm | The FBC Centre – Waverley Room, Gorse Ride N, Wokingham, RG40 4ES
To attend, just email email@example.com or call us on 07930 507517.
Suggested contribution: £5 per person (collected on the night) to support Soulscape’s work with young people in Berkshire, including Mind the Gap.
What will the evenings involve?
- helpful hints from students and staff
- talking about issues and pressures in high school
- addressing mental health and wellbeing
- tips on managing stress
- meeting the Mind the Gap team, finding out what we do and how we help your sons and daughters as they journey on to high school
- hearing about some of the young men and women we have helped along the way
- getting to know other parents and families
- hearing young people’s perspectives on secondary school and teenage life
- an opportunity to become part of a year 7 parent forum
- accessing online resources and getting advice from teachers, youth workers and counsellors
- a Q&A session with the Soulscape team
Tell your Y6 parent friends – and we hope to see you there!