Soulscape’s Policy on the Outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as at 16 March 2020
As an organisation we are conscious of the impact of this virus on the delivery of events we provide for local schools.
Our approach is therefore to follow government guidelines. If the government announce that anyone with any illness should self-isolate, we will apply that to our workers/volunteers. Until that point, we will continue to deliver services as normal but will take the extra precautions detailed below:
Workers and volunteer’s health, safety and well-being during a global health emergency like COVID-19 will be paramount. Soulscape will be proactive to protect their team and minimise the risk of the virus spreading.
All workers and volunteers should follow best hygiene practises:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Washing hands as soon as you arrive at your place of work and when you get home.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If feeling unwell, stay at home, do not attend work.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in a bin.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces, where possible.
- Soulscape advises that workers and volunteers avoid travel to affected areas and/or coming into contact with infected or potentially infected people.
- For workers/volunteers returning from travel, Soulscape advises following the Government and NHS advice. Check the Government website for up-to-date returning travellers information and use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next.
For further information the following links may be helpful:
The Government Coronavirus Action Plan; a guide to what you can expect across the UK: