We know that the move from primary to secondary school is a big change that affects the whole family, and that the parents of the students we work with probably have a few worries and questions too!
That’s why we offer expert support to Y6 parents, as well as their children.
If you’re a parent of a Y6 student, please come along to our special evening on 11 June. It comes highly recommended by last year’s attendees.
When: Tuesday 11 June 2019, 7–8:30pm
Where: The lecture theatre at St Crispin’s School, London Road, Wokingham, RG40 1SS
Although St Crispin’s are hosting us, this event is not school-specific – come whichever secondary school your child is going to attend.
How to attend: Just email Anna on firstname.lastname@example.org Suggested contribution: £5 per person (collected on the night).*
The evening includes:
- Helpful hints from secondary school staff and students
- Looking at some of the issues and pressures that secondary students can face
- Addressing mental health and wellbeing
- Tips on managing stress
- Meeting the Mind the Gap team, finding out what we do and how we help your sons and daughters as they journey on to high school
- Stories about some of the young people we have helped along the way
- Getting to know other parents and families
- Hearing young people’s perspectives on secondary school and teenage life
- An opportunity to become part of a Year 7 parent forum
- Accessing online resources and getting further advice from teachers, youth workers and counsellors
- A Q&A session with the Soulscape team
- Refreshments and chat!
*All contributions will go towards the costs of running Soulscape’s projects for young people in Berkshire, including Mind the Gap.